Flashband events bring together a group of musicians who form new, temporary bands (Flashbands). After a short period of rehearsal, we put them on stage for a one-night only show. Read more about it here.
Want to play?
The Flashband Project is open to any musician who wants to play, but spots are limited. Registration is open from May 1st until either May 11th or when all forty spots are filled.
· Be free to play a show on June 8 in downtown Wilmington
· Come to the meet-and-greet jam at 6pm on Saturday May 11, in downtown Wilmington.
· Form a band with other registered musicians. It’s great to come with a friend or two in mind, but plan on adding a couple people you haven’t met before as well. Existing bands are discouraged from playing ‘as-is’ (but are welcome to split up and play with new people).
· Practice with your band 4-5 times.
· Write at least one original song as a band after forming
Full details will be emailed after registering. If there’s anyone you know who would be interested in playing, tell them!
Can't play in this one, or just want a reminder when the show comes around? Check out the Flashband email list signup.
* indicates band leader
70s Rock, Fleetwood Mac, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, etc...
Two piece: drums and guitar Kind of sounds like garage rock like really early black keys and white stripes.
Some familiar Wilmington faces from different local groups playing some classic country songs. Zach Hanner, Big Alex Hall, Jones Smith and more (we hope)
Rock N Roll with flavors of alt country, blues whateva!!!
Hello Wilmington Flashbanders!
Flashbanders - add your band on this page via the button in the upper right (Create a Band!). Note your style/premise, as well as whether you're open to new members. Then come back to this page and click 'Manage Band' to add members!
We're playing some groovy tunes. Y'all watch out!
a late night take on some familiar tunes.
Rock, jam, folk. Others welcome to join (message Rick).
Classic rock meets metal with a side of grunge with a dash of jazz.
If you are signed up for this event, use the message board below to communicate with fellow musicians. This is a great place to find bands, ask questions and make suggestions!
You must be logged in to use the message board.
37 / 40
3 spots remain
Violin (Fiddle) 3